Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mt Thomas

The second weekend in June I went to stay with my friends Abby and Lara for the weekend. It was so nice to have a home cooked meal and hang out on a big couch eating popcorn and watching movies … living in a flat never quite measures up to that feeling.

On Sunday we hiked up Mt Thomas and were lucky enough to have a beautiful (and a bit crisp) day. It was a steep hike and we all realized how unfit we’d become since TWALK … none of us had really been up for tramping since then! Just to stay true to our history, we managed to lose Abby and Lara’s dog Jess for about two hours but luckily were reunited with her at the top of the hike. 
That afternoon, I helped Lara feed their seven alpacas. One of them was fond of the food I was giving him, but also fond of sneezing all over me. Needless to say, my puffy vest is a little bit more green and smelly than it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment