Friday, February 11, 2011

Exploring the Garden City

Due to high prices and low availability in the car-rental industry (it’s peak season) I’ve been forced to delay any major trips around the South Island. However, getting to know Christchurch has been an enjoyable alternative. 

Many of Chch's churches lost their steeples in the earthquake. It's now common to see them in front of the church as opposed to on top!
Botanic Gardens
On Tuesday, Becks, Lee and I ventured to the Botanic Gardens, a massive park about 45 minutes from campus whose flowers rival anything I’ve seen before. The flowers were ginormous, and they had everything from cacti to huge rose gardens to flora disguised as fauna (see my new friend below!).



Later that afternoon we were joined by Dylan and John (also Ilam residents) on our trek to Jellie Park, a massive indoor / outdoor pool complex. I’m hoping to get a pass so I can rock the good ol’ circle back tan once again. Lee’s got an underwater camera, so we managed to capture quite a few funny moments.




The weather’s gorgeous and I’m always itching to be outside, so I’m sure I’ll have a few more stories to tell before O-week begins!

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment